You may enjoy the naturally diverse beauty of the state during Kerala tourism. With its proximity to both the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats, the landscapes of the region offer delightful experiences for travelers with varied tastes. A typical Kerala tour package will include seaside destinations, mountain retreats and jungle experiences all in a single vacation of a reasonable period.
You may want to enjoy a luxurious retreat during your holiday in Kerala. As you are aware, a spa resort offers luxurious accommodations along with extensive facilities for de-stressing your body. A good spa resort will have services which relax both your mind and body. During Kerala tourism, you will definitely want to avail services Ayurvedic-themed spa facilities for which this region is famous. Plan your trip with this list of the best spa resorts at the tourist destinations of Kerala:
Fragrant Nature Backwater Resort and Ayurveda Spa, Kollam- This highly rated property is a convenient 90-minutes drive from the Trivandrum airport. The Ayurvedic spa and wellness center of the Fragrant Nature Resort is one of the most highly-rated spa destinations of Kerala. A team of highly experienced professional doctors and therapists skilled in Ayurvedic applications and medicines provide a wide range of holistic therapies. Whether you are looking for the remedy of a specific orthopedic issue or general skin rejuvenation, an extended stay during your Kerala tourism vacation will grant extremely positive results. You may visit the elephant shelter nearby for a novel experience, or book a Kerala backwater tour package to enjoy the famous backwater lagoons of the state.
Kerala tourism has always catered to the various dreams and desires of the tourists. The various tourist destinations of Kerala have unique scenic beauties, high mountains, dense forests and stretches of water bodies to offer to the travellers. And now, Kerala has achieved the most preferred destination for adventure sports as well. No other place can better offer enough experiences and opportunities for unleashing the inner adventure spirit, than Kerala. It not only has picture-perfect locals; but also has many ideal destinations for adventure activities. With the unmatched natural beauty, let’s have a look what are the adventure activities in Kerala that can be the part of your holiday planner.
The Famous Water Sports in Kerala
For any outdoor activities, there is no age limit. And for adventure activities, Kerala tourism doesn’t want to keep any limit. As there are so many different options of adventurous activity, many holiday packages to Kerala now include water sports. With a presence of so many beautiful beaches, you can have every opportunity to explore different water sports. Parasailing, surfing, scuba diving, and snorkelling, you name it, and Kerala tourism has it for you. For exploring the Kerala culture very closely, there cannot be any better option than kayaking or canoeing.
Don’t Miss Bamboo Rafting in Kerala
Among the various activities, many holiday packages in Kerala do include the eco-tourism program of bamboo rafting. You don’t want to miss the chance of enjoying nature to its core by doing this wonderful bamboo rafting, at Periyar Tiger Reserve in Thekkady. By lying slightly in the Bamboo, you can watch the enchanting beauties of the jungles and creatures, as it passes through the winding path of the river.
Go On Wild Life Safari in Kerala
If you want some astounding experiences in the jungle, then the wildlife safari is the thing for you. There can be no other greater opportunity to explore the flora and faunas and the rich bio-diversity of Kerala. You can get some magnificent view of forests by staying in a tree house or while doing mountain climbing. But a wildlife safari gives such an experience that goes beyond of them all.
Trekking Through the Woods in Kerala
Trekking through the dense forest or almost impenetrable woods is another adventure activity offered by Kerala Tourism. A trek through the tropical rainforest is enough to give you true glimpses of the beauty of the majestic hills of Kerala. Be it getting into the forest of Thekkady and walking along the trigger trail, or trekking through the heavenly forest trails in Munnar, this particular activity provides every chance to explore the jungles in Kerala.
Paragliding Is Here in Kerala
One of the most thrilling experiences that you can enjoy in Kerala is the paragliding. Vagamon is one such breathtaking place in Kerala tourism places list, that is most preferred for this adventurous activity. It is the presence of thrill and excitement that many adventure lovers find it hard to ignore.
Climb the Mountain in Kerala
Considering many people’s keenness in climbing the mountains, different places in Kerala offers this adventurous activity too. Chembra Peak, Wayanad, is one of the most popular spots where you can do mountain climbing. Mountain climbing is not that easy task; but the feelings and views that you’ll get after reaching the top will make all your risks worthy.
Various Kerala tourist places have always offered enough visually-pleasing and mind-enchanting reasons to come back again and again. And now with Kerala Tourism offering so many exciting adventurous activities, you can no longer restrain yourself from visiting the god’s own country. Don’t waste your precious time anymore. Have a taste of true adventure in Kerala.
Kerala is also known as “God’s own country”. So, any Kerala Tourism will involve visits to the many religious and sacred sites of this state in South India. Kerala is famous for its natural beauty; the backwaters thrive with green palm and coconut trees. There are abundant hills and forests due to the proximity of the Western Ghats and the beaches beside the Arabian Sea will serenade you with its timeless appeal. Lets plan your trip for Kerala through tripplanner .
While you are aware that Kerala is a beautiful fringe of land between the Western Ghats and the Arabian Sea; this state is also a model of religious harmony. Here the Hindus, Christians and Muslims have co-existed for generations with mutual love and respect. Hence, it is only natural that many Kerala tourist places will be religiously significant.
Christianity came to Kerala with the advent of the St. Thomas the Apostle in 52 AD. He built several churches along the coastline and preached the religion among the locals. Since those times, several churches were constructed and later renovated or relocated to form the present collection. You may find below a list of these historically significant churches as major attractions of Kerala Tourism.
This historic church is a major religious place for Orthodox Christians all over the country. Even devotees from all over the world come to pay their respects to Mor Gregorios Geevarghese Chathuruthil also known as Parumala Kochu Thirumeni, the declared saint of Malankara. The current building was built over the old church while retaining the Holy Altar and the Tomb (Kabar Muni) of the Saint. The location of the church is also beautiful. It is on the bank of the River Pampa near the village on Mannar, a popular destination for Kerala tourism.
According to popular belief, St. Thomas the Apostle founded this church during his mission here. This religiously significant tourist destination of Kerala is located on the top of Malayattoor hill and the walk to the church itself is said to purify the soul of the devotee. This ancient church’s architecture is an amalgamation of the Greek and Roman style, with the altar in traditional Greek way and the façade and frontage in the Roman style. The prominent annual festival of this church is celebrated during the first Sunday after Easter when thousands of pilgrims from all over the region throng Malayattoor to seek blessings from St. Thomas.
This popular Kerala tourism destination is located at a distance of 10 kilometers from the city of Cochin. The Edapally church is dedicated to St. George and is the oldest church in Kerala after the churches founded by St. Thomas. You can see a bigger cathedral beside the older church which was constructed to accommodate the growing number of followers. There is a well of water in the premises of the church which is considered to have healing properties. The water level of the well also mysteriously stays at a constant two meters below the ground level throughout the year. The main festival of the church begins around 23rd April every year with the Litany and High Mass and multitude of devotees and tourists alike witness the 10-day event which includes a grand procession of the St. George’s statue.
Also known as St. Mary’s Orthodox Syrian Church or the Niranam Pally, this significant Kerala tourism site is one of the churches founded by St. Thomas. A parish under the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, the original building was renovated multiple times, most recently in the year 2000. The church contains a huge Granite Holy Cross, the Golden Cross and the relics of Sr. Thomas. The Niranam village is also beautiful; located at the confluence of the Manimala and Pampa Rivers, So plan a vacation for your awesome experience.
These historical churches of Kerala are a living testimony of the peaceful co-existence of multiple religions in a small area. Along with the abundant natural beauty, religious harmony makes Kerala tourism a peaceful and tranquil experience.
There’s no other thrill than packing your bags and heading towards a mysterious island or a beautiful beach all by yourself. If solo travel is what triggers the best in you, you’re one hardcore travel junkie and that you should be making coolest trip plans year by year. While there are a couple of risks involved, but there are always options and safety tips for women available right out there. So here we go, these top 17 places will let you fill up your wander lust with all that you ever wished for. What’s more? They’re super safe, convenient and comfortable for every solo woman traveler. 1. Nainital – This small town is believed to be a paradise on earth. Situated right in the tranquility of Uttarakhand, India, Nainital has been capturing tourist’s attraction since decades. Visit the China peak, Bhimtal, Tiffin Top, Naukuchiyatal , Saattal, Corbett national park and the famous Nanda Devi temple.
2. Mysore – One of the gems of southern India and the cultural hub of Karnataka is also known to be the safest and coolest place for an alone lady traveler. You could check out the great Mysore Palace, Chamundi Hills, Rangacharlu, Rail Museum, Jubilee Clock and many more things.
3. Shimla– Hill stations, by default are safe. The reason being most of the times it’s crowded by tourists and other locals.Things to do in Shimla – Visit the Viceregal Lodge, Town hall, Jakhu temple, Gaiety museum, Himalayan bird park and kufri.
4. Khajuraho – Counted as one of the world heritage sites by UNESCO, the temples in Khajuraho are a complete visual treat to your eyes. Khajuraho is also known as the safest spot to spend a quiet weekend. What all you can explore here – Lakshmana Temple, Kandariya Mahadev, Old village Lakshmi temple and a few more.
5. Udaipur – Rajasthan is mainly known for the most generous people and you’re likely to get any help wherever you go. Udaipur is the extravagant city that has lavish royal ancient Palaces every tourist would get attracted to.
6. Kaziranga, Assam – If you’ve ever been to Assa, you will know the beauty of this place. The national parks and elephant sanctuaries are worth visiting here.
7. Varanasi – The holy city and the famous pilgrimage is no doubt one of the safest option for women as well as the elderly people to travel alone. Manikarnika ghat, Ramnagar fort are a few attractions here.
8. Puducherry – The union territory has a lot of unique places to visit. Amidst the serenity and peaceful atmosphere you can enjoy your best vacation time here.
9. Sikkim– North east has some of the stunning views you’d die for. The high mountains, low valleys, and lovely Buddhist monasteries capture your attention.
10. Ladakh – Well, it does sound a bit of sturdy adventurous spot but there’s nothing like it if you’re a true sport. Leh palace, Pangong lake, Zanskar valley, Hemis national park are some places to check out. If you’re going through a trip planner make sure he includes these locations in your holiday package.
11. Munnar, Kerala– Munnar is hugely famous for its tea plantations and breathtaking views of lovely landscapes. The variety of resorts around, let you try out exciting activities.
12. Hampi – If you’re a person who loves pre-historic ancient era monuments, temples and sculptures Hampi is the place for you. It is also one of the world heritage sites recognized by UNESCO.
13. Rishikesh – The place is often crowded with large number of tourists almost every time. Activities like white water rafting, rappelling and fox flying are the famous amongst all.
14. Sarnath – Bodh Gaya, Sarnath is the place where Buddha delivered his first sermon. Apart from the temples, artistic museums are the ones you must not miss out on.
15. Gulmarg – This tiny sweet town up in Northern India is one fairytale land. The cozy home stay options and local hotels make a perfect arrangement for your stay. Sit back and relax your vacation amidst nature’s beauty.
16. Coorg – The picture of typical green landscaped southern India means Coorg. All you need to do is switch off your gadgets and electronics while indulging in the most beautiful, clam and serene beaches and resorts here.
17. Goa– Last but not the least, this party place has almost become a second home to most of us. Beaches, resorts, churches and lots of sea food. Enough to make a traveler’s fun packed vacation!
Plan a trip to these amazing destinations either alone or with your girls gang now.