Are you up for the best adventure ever? Set out on the ultimate road trip, from India to Singapore. Travel website brings you the easiest way to help plan a trip online for your next sojourn.
First and foremost, here are the Ten Commandments of planning a road trip that you must always keep in mind.
- Take a map (preferably the large paper ones to fuel up the adventurer spirit) and circle out a few key stops along your way.
- Remember, the best part of a road trip is not the destination, but the journey.
- Decide how much to travel each day, keeping in mind the prerequisites and conditions of the places you will be passing through.
- It will be way more exciting if you break the trip up into smaller daily goals
- Don’t over plan as it might mar the “Call of the unknown”
- Interact with the small town people on your way to gather insights about local sightseeing spots
- Ensure that most of your group are good drivers and also let others drive even if there’s a main driver.
- Embrace everything that nature offers your way, astonishing or kitschy.
- Know that it might get dreary at times; a break at the nearest tourist spot is a must then.
- Do not assume all will go well, be prepared to face challenges.
India to Singapore road trip has been made a dream come true for adventure lovers only a year ago. All credits to the Indian Government’s Act East policy which resulted in the opening of trilateral India-Myanmar-Thailand Asian Highway that leads you straight up to Mae Sot in Thailand. From Thailand, another 28 exciting hours on road brings you to Singapore.
Approximate travel time is estimated around 20-24 days spanning a distance of roughly 5000 kilometres.
The best time for this trip is November to February. So make sure you plan a trip online beforehand from a genuine travel website like ours.
Here are the MUST Required Documents you should take.
- Valid passport and Visa
- Special Permits
- Vehicle Papers
- International Driving License
- Currency in USD for use in Myanmar and Thailand
- Visa or MasterCard debit card
- Spare parts of Car
- First Aid Kit
- Essential medicines
- Ample supply of dry food in case you don’t find an eatery on a lonesome road
A few challenges that must be taken care of beforehand are listed here:
- Carnet- To exit and re-enter India you need a Carnet which is a document resembling your passport for which you have to pay 200% of your vehicle’s value as refundable security deposit to Automobile Association of India. Carnet is accepted in Thailand.
- Since Carnet is not accepted in Myanmar, you have to apply for Temporary Import of vehicles.
- Also, Myanmar doesn’t accept IDP, so take a temporary driving license for that country.
Now, the primary notable spots on your road trip to Singapore which you have now planned via travel website, must include the following few
- The amazing sunset at the city of Guhawati
- Float amidst the clouds of Shillong
- Explore the enchanting beauty of Bagan, the historic city that welcomes you to Myanmar.
- The mesmerizing roads through Mandalay
- The exquisite pagodas of Naypyidaw
- Yangon which holds importance with respect to Sepoy Mutiny
- Bangkok in Thailand, a place that needs no introduction
- Next stop, Singapore.
Plan a trip online to Singapore by road as soon as possible and reach out to us to share your amazing experience.